Depending on your nationality and length of stay, you may be required to have one of two official entry documents: a short stay visa, or the MVV (Provisional Residence Permit, known as the Machtiging tot Voorlopig Verblijf or MVV in Dutch) and/or a residence permit. You must have a valid passport to enter the Netherlands.

Once accepted to a law programme, you will be informed by the university how you can apply for a visa.